Friday, June 8, 2012

The Art of Letting Go

I headed out for my long workout for the week this morning around 5.  My days of the week are weird this week, so this is when I could do it without having to be in the sunlight.  My ipod's at 20% power, cuz I forgot to charge it.  And I'm going for (gradual, not steep!) hills.  It's not going so hot, I'm having to take more slowdowns than I had hoped for.  And THEN, in the last mile, my shoe's plastic backing finally had worn to the point of catching on my foot.  The last half mile, I took off my shoes and walked in sockfeet, like a champion who loves the feel of shoes on their hands on a breezy summer morning.   (Not barefoot, cuz there is glass.  And I only pick glass out of my feet ONCE before I learn.  Ok, well, four or five times.  The point is, I learned while ago.  Although I still forget from time to time.)

Basically, it didn't go exactly how I planned it.  In lots of ways.

Except that, you know, I went out and DID it, and gave it all I had.  So it's really just about a perfect workout. 

Onward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment