Saturday, June 23, 2012

Days off and sleep...

So, the last few weeks, I've been destroying my sleep schedule on my days off. 

This has some upsides:  it feels like I'm off three days instead of two, and I can train more, and have more time for fun stuff too!  And I think I end up sleeping more hours--  sleep is starting to be pretty rough, because I've been training a liiiiittle too much and pretty much any way I try to sleep is painful (today, I needed two kinds of painkillers and IcyHot to sleep 3 straight hours--  then woke up in pain from sleeping awkwardly, in pain.  on taking  more painkillers, I got a couple more in late afternoon).  But then I have no sleep schedule going back Saturday night, and I have to completely readjust.  I don't mind the readjusting, but I can't afford to oversleep and miss training before work.  Training after working, when you do manual labor, is basically a no-go--  if I don't completely skip it i'll have a terrible workout anyways.

I'll probably let my sleep schedule stay destroyed this week, all week, so I can see my little sister as much as I can before she flies out next weekend, and hopefully fit in all my training. 

I did a LOT of foam rolling today; it took the edge off.
Things currently acutely painful:  my left achilles tendon, my left calf, the left side deep in my shoulder/neck area, my forearms and flexors.  My right knee's swelling is going down from running the 7 miles the other morning; my lower back thing is almost at 100%; rotational flexibility for my upper back isn't too bad.  The neck/shoulder thing is creeping me out, because when I do headrolls i can feel/hear something slightly grind, like I'm a goddamn zombie. 

More ibuprofen, and off to Subway then work...  at least it's an easy day, I have a coworker on Saturdays.

1 comment:

  1. Am still on rest from my stupid wisdom teeth. Until today, it wasn't so bad cause I was uber sluggish (but the kitchen is so far away!!!)
    I'm going to be climbing the walls by Friday.

    ReplyDelete